Undisputed Benefits of PWA for your e-commerce business
Mobile has been a fruitful channel for many businesses vis-a-vis e-commerce and rightly so. And why won’t companies focus on mobile? A customer is more likely (by 67%) to buy a product or service online if he is browsing it on a mobile-friendly platform.
Technology doesn’t wait for anyone.
With never-ending improvement and evolution in technology, it is a platform ripe with opportunities. One such intriguing technologies which have evolved excellently is the architecture of Progressive web apps.
Focussing on the mobile platform to grow your business makes sense. People spend about 90% of their waking moments on mobile apps, so why shouldn’t you capitalise on their habits?
Making things simpler
What is the purpose of ever-evolving technology if your life doesn’t get more comfortable because of it? What are the benefits you can get because of such advancements?
Web application development using PWA Architecture is one great example of the same.
What are Progressive Web Apps?
To put it simply, Progressive Web Apps are the single page websites which have all the basic functionalities of a native app but work only on the web browser. Applications developed using this architecture have done so with the use of conventional web development protocols. The only difference is that they behave like normal native apps without using your storage space.
Powerful characteristics can make it the future of mobile commerce
- Platform/Device Independent — Progressive Web Apps have the capability of working on any device or platform. It can run on both Android and iOS. They can run on smartphones, desktops, tablets, etc.
- Better search results due to improved indexing — The search engines can easily search Progressive Web Apps as they are practically web pages.
- Proper use of Deep linking — Progressive Web Apps have their URLs. You can easily use those URLs to share them quickly.
- Mobile-Responsive — Progressive Web Apps are mobile-responsive by default and can run on all types of mobile devices.
- Practically an app — A PWA looks and feels just like Native Apps while a user is interacting with it.
- Safety — Progressive Web Apps are facilitated via HTTP to prevent snooping and make sure no one tampers with your data.
- Can function Offline — You can even work on Progressive Web Apps if you are offline or are having network connectivity issues.
- Updates are performed in the background — Because of Service Worker Update process, you wouldn’t even realise when it’s being updated. It’s not your headache.
- Easily Installable — Users can avoid tedious installation process and bookmark Progressive Web Apps on their home screens.
- Engagement — Progressive Web Apps have Push APIs incorporated in them for sending out ‘Push’ notifications to the users making Re-engagement easy.
You can even compare them with Native apps to judge it’s overall utility and added benefits over the same.
So from the above table, you can gather a sound consensus that Progressive Web Apps are not much different than conventional native apps that people use. Many big names such as Trivago, Tinder, Forbes, Starbucks, etc have already switched to Progressive Web Apps long time back to provide their users with a better experience while going through their apps.
If you have been to any of the aforementioned apps then you must have experienced the difference yourself.
Why Progressive Web Apps? What are its benefits?
1. Lightning Fast Speed
The speed with which a web page loads is crucial for a user, as most of them find slow loading websites off-putting. Ideal loading time for a website should not be more than 2–4 seconds. You’ll probably lose more than half of your visitors and potential clients if your page takes any more time than that. Progressive Web Apps efficient use of cache helps them avoid undesirable website Current web development architecture lets the PWA save the data locally, in the device’s cache.
Consequently, information is directly delivered after accessing the same from the user’s device. Because of this, on visiting again, customer experiences same instant loading like native apps as the cached content is displayed instantly.
2. Responsiveness and Flexibility
PWA’s flexibility and responsiveness are some other advantages which can convince you to incorporate into your business’s e-commerce operations. Unquestionably, a proper web application must have a responsive layout. Regardless of the device, the design of a website should adapt to its screen’s size and resolution.
Engaging UX leads to better sales and assures customer loyalty. Progressive Web Apps have more chances to grasp users’ notice and keep them interested.
3. Payment Security
PWA has efficient architecture and standards which make online payments effortless and secure. There are no intrusive and tiresome checkout procedures as it may deter users from finishing their transaction and abandon their carts.
To achieve the same, Payment Request API is integrated into the browsers to provide users faster and secure payment flow. User doesn’t need to fill in checkout forms, again and again, providing the same info.
4. Engaging clients with Push Notifications
Browsers could not send out push notifications to users, but with the help of PWA, that’s not the case anymore. Push notification is a useful tool for re-engaging customers. It’s the same as it functions with native apps. You don’t even have to open a browser to access it. Push notifications enable sellers to engage their buyers and notify them about new products, offers, gifts, and discounts.
5. Lower Development Cost
Further, it becomes simpler for developers to update the Progressive Web Apps in future. To put it in a nutshell, it’s safe to assume that Progressive Web Apps can save both time and money by requiring fewer resources.
The constant improvement and development of Progressive Web Apps are not going to stop. It is backed and supported by Google, and they are even planning to host Progressive Web Apps on their Google Play Store.
Other strengths of this technology will undoubtedly reveal themselves and help your e-commerce when you experience it for yourself. Being progressive, they can run on any device, enhancing the ease of operation and use. With an increasing number of brands employing Progressive Web Apps for their mobile commerce, it will be hard to stand out.
So, don’t hesitate to sign up with a mobile-ready e-commerce platform with PWA capabilities and see for yourself.